At its annual event on October 2nd, 2019, Microsoft unveiled the latest additions to the Surface family and gave a preview of some exciting new folding, double-screen devices on the way in 2020.
New for 2019
The following will be available in Japan from late October-early November 2019.
Surface Pro X
An all-new 13-inch touchscreen device with a custom-made Microsoft mobile processor, the SQ1, and LTE connectivity. This is the thinnest and lightest Surface yet, and gives the familiar Surface look a sleek overhaul with a slim pen that charges inside the keyboard cover.
Surface Pro 7
The METHOD IT workhorse Surface Pro gets a bump in specs featuring 10th-gen Intel chips and – at last – a USB-C port. A lower starting price is a welcome minus!
Surface Laptop 3
For those that prefer a more traditional laptop design but with a touchscreen. Available with a 13.5-inch screen and 10th-gen Intel processor, or a 15-inch screen and AMD processor. New upgrades include USB-C, fast charging, and improved voice recognition with far-field microphones.
A premium pair of true wireless earphones, coming ‘later this year’ with a current list price of $249 in the US. Tuned for both music and voice they are said to offer excellent dictation and call quality. The Surface Earbuds are controlled by tap and swipe gestures and can be linked to Microsoft Office, promising the ability to move through slides and add realtime subtitles in PowerPoint.
Where to Buy in Japan?
METHOD IT is a registered Microsoft Japan Device Value Added Reseller (D-VAR) and Microsoft Silver Partner for Small to Midmarket Cloud Solutions. We can provide hardware, migration and support in both English and Japanese to empower your organization with Microsoft Surface devices and Office 365 solutions for the modern workplace.
Follow us for updates on availability
Coming in 2020
This is where it gets interesting! A folding tablet with two 9-inch screens that can form a 13-inch area. A compact keyboard with wireless charging snaps onto one screen when you need to do some serious typing, turning the Surface Neo into a little laptop.
The Surface Neo will run Windows 10 X, a new version of the OS optimized specifically for dual-touchscreen PCs – expect to see more of these from other manufacturers in 2020.
The surprise announcement that Microsoft is making an Android phone – with two 5.6-inch screens that can fold 360 degrees.
Surface Event Highlights
All the best bits compressed into 11 minutes.
- METHOD IT offers bilingual IT services and solutions to companies in Japan. We adhere to industry standard, robust, proven technologies and not just the off-the-shelf …
- We’ll arrange all your office tech so that it's up and running smoothly and stress-free, with bilingual support from native speakers. Whether you’re starting from …
- METHOD IT is a proud Microsoft Partner and offers Microsoft Office 365 migration, support and training. We consider Microsoft Office 365 the most essential software …
- METHOD IT offers procurement services to our clients to meet their regional needs and international standards. We can purchase laptops, desktops, servers, network devices and …
- METHOD IT offers structured cabling services or re-cabling to make offices clean and secure. Our cabling team are artists who carefully plan neat, organized, labeled, …
- Windows 7 End of Support (EOS) is scheduled for January 2020. Office 2010 EOS is coming October 2020. Find out what risks this poses for …
- Microsoft released a set of videos today, offering a more detailed look at the new Surface devices for 2019. Here they are combined into one …
- Windows 10 update KB4517389, released on October 8, 2019, is causing problems with the Start Menu, Search, Edge browser and VMWare for many users.