- iPhone 11 and 11 Pro drop test – CNET 2019/09/21
iPhone 11 and 11 Pro drop test CNETiPhone 11 drop tests prove even the toughest glass in a smartphone can break iMoreiPhone 11 Pro Drop Tested: This Isn't Good Tom’s GuideiPhone 11 and 11 Pro …
- TiVo confirms its customers will soon see ads before DVR recordings – The Verge 2019/09/21
TiVo confirms its customers will soon see ads before DVR recordings The VergeTiVo has confirmed that it plans to place pre-roll video advertisements before DVR recordings for all customers — even tho …
- Latest drop test compares the iPhone 11 Pro Max vs Galaxy Note 10+ [Video] – 9to5Mac 2019/09/21
Latest drop test compares the iPhone 11 Pro Max vs Galaxy Note 10+ [Video] 9to5MacThe iPhone 11 Is the Best Low-Light Camera Phone We've Ever Tested Tom's GuideThe iPhone 11 Is Legitimatel …
- A Simple Way to Make It Harder for Mobile Ads to Track You – WIRED 2019/09/21
A Simple Way to Make It Harder for Mobile Ads to Track You WIREDBeating back the scourge of online ad tracking entirely is almost impossible. But you can futz with your smartphone's "ad ID …
- Nintendo Switch Lite review: Pure portability – Engadget 2019/09/21
Nintendo Switch Lite review: Pure portability EngadgetNintendo Switch Lite Review: Handheld Net Positives | Screen Rant Screen RantThe only reason to get a Switch Lite CNETHow do you manage softwar …
- BrandPost: Deciphering the Mysteries of Neural Networks 2019/09/20
We all love a good mystery ― the whodunnit, where all the players are in plain sight, but the actors’ motivations aren’t. But all is revealed in the end, and everything falls into place ― the nefariou …
- IDG Contributor Network: Why it’s time for a strong federal privacy law 2019/09/20
In the late 19th century, Samuel Warren and Louis Brandeis published the “Right to Privacy,” articulating for the first time in the United States a privacy right, defining it as the “right to be let a …
- IDG Contributor Network: Moving operations to ‘Simple’ with Cynefin 2019/09/19
In 2007, David Snowden and Mary Boone published an article in Harvard Business Review called “A Leader's Framework for Decision Making.” In it, they describe a way of looking at different classes …
- IDG Contributor Network: Redefining omnichannel: The challenge for technology leaders 2019/09/19
To reach consumers, brands need omnichannel strategies that deliver a consistent customer experience at every touchpoint. Yet today’s technical and business conversations about omnichannel are often t …
- IDG Contributor Network: Digital platforms are under attack 2019/09/19
On behalf of 50 state Attorneys General, Texas Attorney General Ken Paxton announced a nationwide antitrust probe of Google on September 9 and issued a 29-page civil investigative demand, which was ob …
- Startups Weekly: Upfront Ventures bets on a bus service 2019/09/21
In this week's newsletter: Airbnb, WeWork and Postmates prep IPOs.
- Want to crush competitors? Forget SoftBank, Blackstone suggests; it can write $500 million checks, too 2019/09/21
Back in January, Blackstone — the investment firm whose assets under management surpassed a jaw-dropping half a trillion dollars earlier this year — quietly began piecing together a new, growth equity …
- Chef CEO says he’ll continue to work with ICE in spite of protests 2019/09/20
Yesterday, software development tool maker Chef found itself in the middle of a firestorm after a Tweet called them out for doing business with DHS/ICE. Eventually it led to an influential open-source …
- Get advice on the latest growth tactics from Demand Curve at Disrupt SF 2019/09/20
We’re going to try something new at Disrupt this year, based on the great response we’ve been getting to our startup how-to coverage. We’re going to put service provider experts on our Q&A stage, …
- Matchstick Ventures raises $30M to back startups in the northern US and the Rockies 2019/09/20
Matchstick Ventures, a seed-stage firm that says it invests in “rapidly growing, yet underserved startup ecosystems,” announced this week that it has raised $30 million for its second fund. That’s a l …
- Top Stories: iPhone 11, Apple Watch Series 5, iOS 13, and Apple Arcade Released 2019/09/21
Apple's massive launch week has come to a close, with the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, iPhone 11 Pro Max, and Apple Watch Series 5 all debuting on Friday. And as if that wasn't enough, Thursday …
- How to Improve Photo and Video Composition Without Cropping on iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro 2019/09/21
With the arrival of the iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro and iPhone 11 Pro Max, Apple has introduced an optional new camera feature in iOS 13 that's designed to allow you to correct the alignment of phot …
- Hands-On With the New iPhone 11 and iPhone 11 Pro Max 2019/09/20
It's iPhone launch day, which means the new iPhone 11, iPhone 11 Pro, and iPhone 11 Pro Max are now in the hands of customers. We picked up a new iPhone 11 and an iPhone 11 Pro Max for an unboxin …
- iFixit iPhone 11 Pro Max Teardown Hints at Unimplemented Bilateral Wireless Charging Feature [Updated] 2019/09/20
iFixit this morning did a quick teardown of the iPhone 11 Pro to provide a brief look at the new smartphone's internals, and now the site is in the process of doing a much deeper dive through an …
- Apple Shares 'Behind the Scenes' Look at iPhone 11 Pro Photography 2019/09/20
Apple today shared a new "Behind the Scenes" video highlighting how some of its iPhone 11 Pro footage used for promoting its newest devices was filmed. The video demonstrates the photography …
Tech in Asia
- Indonesian P2P lender Crowde secures $1m in Mandiri Capital-led round 2019/09/20
The startup said it will use the new funds to build technologies that support farmers in Indonesia.
- Dyson to hire over 2,000 people in Southeast Asia after moving HQ to Singapore 2019/09/20
The company will be mainly looking for engineers and people working in production, design, and operations.
- The art of crafting employee incentive plans 2019/09/20
Is it better to offer cash or equity? How much equity is apt at each stage? How does a founder measure employee performance?
- Singapore’s MatchMove acquires strategic stake in P2P lender MoolahSense 2019/09/20
The partnership will facilitate SME development using digital credit evaluation and capital distribution.
- Calling for startups – give your best pitch at Tech in Asia’s Pitch Night! 2019/09/20
The second edition of Pitch Night will be held on November 28, where 6 handpicked startups will try to impress a panel of investors.
- What3words: 'Life-saving app' divides opinion 2019/09/20
First responders have been singing the praises of what3words but some have reservations about the tech.
- Facebook suspends tens of thousands of apps 2019/09/20
The move comes as part of a review launched in the wake of the Cambridge Analytica scandal.
- YouTube stars rattled by verification changes 2019/09/20
YouTube will remove the "verified" status from many video-makers' channels.
- Hackers get chance to target US satellite 2019/09/20
The US Air Force will allow selected hackers try and take over an orbiting satellite.
- Microsoft president: Don't move fast and break things 2019/09/20
Microsoft's president urges other tech firms to accept responsibility for the effects of their work.