- 2020/08/14Fortnite banned by Apple and Google: Everything you need to know – CNET
Fortnite banned by Apple and Google: Everything you need to know CNETFortnite for Android has also been kicked off the Google Play Store The VergeEpic's Nineteen Eighty-Fortnite video is an irr …
- 2020/08/14Intel Alder Lake: Confirmed x86 Hybrid with Golden Cove and Gracemont for 2021 – AnandTech
Intel Alder Lake: Confirmed x86 Hybrid with Golden Cove and Gracemont for 2021 AnandTechIntel’s Tiger Lake CPUs are ready to take on Ryzen 4000 mobile Ars TechnicaIntel's discrete Xe GPU for ga …
- 2020/08/147 Things to Know About Hyper Scape – IGN
7 Things to Know About Hyper Scape IGNView Full Coverage on Google News
- 2020/08/14Apple iMac 27-inch (2020) review: new webcam, new screen option, same iMac – The Verge
Apple iMac 27-inch (2020) review: new webcam, new screen option, same iMac The VergeApple iMac 5K 27-inch (2020) Review: A Dying Breed Lives On Digital TrendsFriday deals: New Retina 5K iMacs up to …
- 2020/08/14Apple and Google remove Fortnite from their app stores—Three experts on the impact – CNBC Television
Apple and Google remove Fortnite from their app stores—Three experts on the impact CNBC TelevisionPayments industry should be worried by Fortnite suing Google — not Apple PaymentsSourceNineteen Eigh …
- 2020/08/14BrandPost: Episode 4: Why your one-size-fits-all database infrastructure won’t cut it in the modern world
The cloud has disrupted every element of the technology stack, including databases. The days of expecting one monolithic database to serve all of an organization’s needs are quickly drawing to a close …
- 2020/08/146 hot emerging tech hubs for IT job seekers
Tech salaries are on the rise across all major tech hubs, including Silicon Valley ($123,826), Seattle ($109,628) and Boston ($108,438), according to data from Dice Technology’s 2020 Tech Salary Repor …
- 2020/08/13BrandPost: Raise Your Collective Intelligence with Edge Cloud
In an earlier post, we explored the case for embedded intelligence in edge devices. In that post, we noted that edge devices with embedded intelligence have enough compute power and advanced programmi …
- 2020/08/13BrandPost: Why so fast? Navigating your path to Market Speed
By Sebastian McCabe, KPMG Director, CIO AdvisoryCOVID-19 has fundamentally changed the way organizations operate, what their customers and employees expect, and has created opportunities for business …
- 2020/08/13BrandPost: How Cloud-Based Services are Helping Maintain Critical Care and Connectivity in the ‘New Normal’
France and Italy were two of the early coronavirus epicenters, but thanks to aggressive containment measures, both countries have flattened the curve. Technology providers stepped up in a variety of w …
- 2020/08/14Facebook pushes back against Apple’s App Store fees
Facebook joined the growing ranks of companies publicly complaining about the 30% fee that Apple collects on payments made through its App Store. Those complaints came midway through a blog post about …
- 2020/08/14Human Capital: A timeline of Uber and Lyft’s fight against AB 5 and Pinterest’s fall from grace
Welcome back to Human Capital. This week, Uber and Lyft's legal battle against a California law pertaining to independent contractors continued, and Pinterest employees reached their breaking poi …
- 2020/08/14Facebook launches support for paid online events
Businesses will now be able to monetize online events on Facebook, thanks to a new feature that the social network is launching in the United States and 19 other countries today. In a call with report …
- 2020/08/14With a new general partner and without Alexis Ohanian, Initialized Capital garners $230 million for fund five
Initialized Capital, the early-stage venture firm that got its start inside of Y Combinator almost a decade ago and spun out of the organization roughly five years later, has closed its newest fund wi …
- 2020/08/14NASA and SpaceX target October 23 for first operational astronaut launch
NASA and SpaceX have set a specific target date for Crew-1, the first operational crewed mission for SpaceX’s Crew Dragon spacecraft. Crew-1 will carry astronauts Shannon Walker, Victor Oliver, Mike H …
- 2020/08/14MacRumors Giveaway: Win a USB-C Wireless Charging Dock for AirPods From Satechi
For this week's giveaway, we've teamed up with Satechi to offer MacRumors readers a chance to win a USB-C Wireless Charging Dock for AirPods. Satechi's Wireless Charging Dock for AirPod …
- 2020/08/14Apple Inks Deal for Spy Romance Film Starring Idris Elba
Apple won an auction for an as-of-yet untitled spy romance film set in Africa that will star Idris Elba, reports Variety. There was an "intense bidding war" for the title, which is being pro …
- 2020/08/14Epic Games vs. Apple: Timeline of Events Surrounding Fortnite's Removal From App Store
Apple has faced increasing scrutiny over its App Store practices from both developers and regulators in recent months. One particularly vocal critic has been Fortnite creator Epic Games, which has rep …
- 2020/08/14'Next Stop Nowhere' Out Now on Apple Arcade
"Next Stop Nowhere," the latest exclusive to hit Apple Arcade, has been released today. Next Stop Nowhere is a road trip adventure story set in a colorful, cutthroat vision of outer space. T …
- 2020/08/14Apple Registers AppleOriginalProductions.com Domain Name
Apple recently registered the domain name AppleOriginalProductions.com, according to a WHOIS record discovered by MacRumors. The new record indicates that Apple obtained the domain name on Thursday. T …
Tech in Asia
- 2020/08/14Sequoia-backed Incomlend eyes Asia, Europe expansion with $20m top-up
Incomlend wants to solve the credit crunch that has been slowing down the growth of cross-border trading companies worldwide.
- 2020/08/14I know that feeling, Bangladesh
Shining a spotlight on the country that has been left out of Asia’s growth story, plus a look into the industry that Bytedance is currently keen on
- 2020/08/14LenddoEFL could face bankruptcy over $600k in unpaid fees
Fintech investment bank SenaHill APAC is demanding the payment for its consulting services lent to the firm between April and August this year.
- 2020/08/14Singapore’s Anchanto raises new funds in ongoing series C round
Anchanto said it has bagged US$12 million so far for the round. It's looking to raise a total of US$35 million.
- 2020/08/14WeWork secures $1.1b from SoftBank after slashing cash burn
WeWork recorded US$882 million in revenue for the second quarter, ending the period with US$4.1 billion in cash and unfunded cash commitments.
- 2020/08/14A cuddly pet robot with ‘emotions’ and other tech news
BBC Click’s Paul Carter looks at some of the best technology news stories of the week.
- 2020/08/14Just Eat to stop using gig economy workers
Boss Jitse Groen says he would rather have staff who get benefits and more workplace protection.
- 2020/08/14Fortnite: Epic Games sues Google and Apple over app store bans
Apple and Google removed the hit game from their app stores after it bypassed their payment systems.
- 2020/08/14Amazon launches online pharmacy in India
The internet retail giant's move comes as US tech firms are investing billions of dollars in India.
- 2020/08/14US 'foils' militant cryptocurrency fundraising
The US government seizes millions from the Islamic State group, al-Qaeda and the armed wing of Hamas.