- The Wave takes us on a trippy, surreal journey through a fractured timeline – Ars Technica 2020/01/26
The Wave takes us on a trippy, surreal journey through a fractured timeline Ars Technica
- Motorola Razr now available for pre-order at Verizon for $1,500 – Android Police 2020/01/26
Motorola Razr now available for pre-order at Verizon for $1,500 Android PoliceMotorola on the Razr’s folding screen: ‘bumps and lumps are normal’ The VergeView full coverage on Google News
- Everything we know about the iPhone 12 lineup so far – 9to5Mac 2020/01/26
Everything we know about the iPhone 12 lineup so far 9to5Mac
- These Sick American Sports Cars Are Cheaper Than Anything Foreign – TheThings 2020/01/26
These Sick American Sports Cars Are Cheaper Than Anything Foreign TheThingsThe 5 Worst American Sports Cars Of The 2000s (And The 10 Most Reliable) HotCars21 Stunning Photos Of Classic Cars From Det …
- Coronavirus is driving sales of face masks, a game called Plague, and an ‘I Survived Coronavirus 2020’ T-shirt – MarketWatch 2020/01/26
Coronavirus is driving sales of face masks, a game called Plague, and an ‘I Survived Coronavirus 2020’ T-shirt MarketWatch
- How IT can improve the employee experience 2020/01/24
PCs that take eight minutes to boot and make people late for conference calls. Expense reporting systems based on spreadsheets so tedious and convoluted that employees put off doing their expenses for …
- For BMC, internal IT is its own best customer 2020/01/24
Before BMC rolls out software to its customers, it rigorously tests it on the front lines — in its own IT department. That approach to hammering out the kinks in its software through in-house use is p …
- BrandPost: Migrating to the Cloud in 2020? Key Reasons It Pays to be Choosy About Your Cloud Provider 2020/01/24
The New Year is a perfect time for IT departments to reflect on the past, consider the present, and plan for a better future. For many, that means gaining the benefits of the cloud and the transformat …
- BrandPost: Rewriting the Rules of Retail with Digital Technologies 2020/01/23
For the retail industry, these are exciting times. With the massive amounts of data generated in the course of day-to-day operations, retailers can now gain intimate insights into their customers, pro …
- The stretch assignment: A CIO's path to burnishing business cred 2020/01/23
IT leaders get many opportunities to test their mettle, but perhaps no way is more challenging than the stretch assignment: that ambitious project that forces IT leaders to expand beyond their comfort …
- Original Content podcast: Apple’s ‘Little America’ chooses uplift over anger 2020/01/26
“Little America,” a new anthology series on Apple TV+, has been widely described as the best show on the fledging streaming service. Here on the Original Content podcast, we aren’t ready to go quite t …
- Sundance: In Miss Americana, Taylor Swift demotes the Internet 2020/01/26
In nearly a decade of attending Sundance, I’ve never seen a scene like the premiere of the documentary Miss Americana, detailing the last year and a half or so of Taylor Swift’s life. The crowd before …
- Startups Weekly: Tech layoffs spread (a bit) 2020/01/25
Are January layoffs just a few post-WeWork jitters? TechCrunch has found itself writing about layoffs at a few notable tech companies this week — and not just Softbank-backed ones. The focus is very m …
- This Week in Apps: Apple antitrust issues come to Congress, subscription apps boom, Tencent takes on TikTok 2020/01/25
Welcome back to ThisWeek in Apps, the Extra Crunch series that recaps the latest OS news, the applications they support and the money that flows through it all. The app industry is as hot as ever with …
- Samasource CEO Leila Janah passes away at 37 2020/01/25
The startup community has lost another moral leader today. Leila Janah, a serial entrepreneur who was the CEO and founder of machine learning training data company Samasource, passed away at the age o …
- Apple Ordered to Pay $85 Million in Royalties to WiLan in Patent Infringement Case 2020/01/26
Apple must pay $85 million in royalties to Canadian patent holding company WiLan for infringing patents related to wireless communications, a jury in San Diego has ruled (via Bloomberg). The two paten …
- Tim Cook Says Apple Will Donate to Coronavirus Relief Efforts in China 2020/01/25
Apple intends to donate money in support of groups fighting the outbreak of the Coronavirus in China, Tim Cook said on Saturday. Electron micrograph of coronavirus virions In a morning tweet marking t …
- Top Stories: iPad May Get Backlit Smart Keyboard, Apple vs. FBI, Navy Blue iPhone 12? 2020/01/25
This week saw an interesting variety of Apple news and rumors, ranging from rumors about upcoming iPhone and iPad releases to Apple TV+ announcements to news that Adobe Flash support will finally be r …
- Apple to Participate in Meeting Advocating for Better Patient Access to Health Info 2020/01/25
Representatives for Apple and Microsoft will be participating in a meeting with the Carin Alliance that's focused on making it easier for patients to access and share their medical information, r …
- MacRumors Giveaway: Win a 61W GaN USB-C Power Adapter and USB-C Cable From Choetech 2020/01/24
For this week's giveaway, we've teamed up with Choetech to offer MacRumors readers a chance to win a 61W USB-C power adapter and accompanying USB-C cable for charging a Mac or an iPad Pro. C …
Tech in Asia
- RedDoorz launches long-term co-living service in Indonesia 2020/01/24
KoolKost offers an affordable service that allows college students and young professionals to rent rooms under flexible leases.
- Why Uber Eats acquisition might help Zomato lure investments from SoftBank 2020/01/24
SoftBank has not invested in any foodtech company in India – yet.
- Mastercard invests in Temasek-backed POS provider Pine Labs 2020/01/24
The deal could boost Pine Labs' valuation to more than US$1 billion, according to a report.
- Indian insurtech firm Digit to raise $84m in equity funding 2020/01/24
The new funding round would bring the company's total capital raised to US$224 million.
- Ikea-backed interior design startup Livspace reportedly raises $60m 2020/01/24
The round is likely to close next month at around US$90 million to US$100 million, sources said.
- Para-swimmer Grace Harvey speaks about walking in a robotic suit 2020/01/26
Grace Harvey reveals the mixed emotions she had after walking for the first time in a robotic suit.
- Overwatch and Call of Duty leagues move exclusively to YouTube 2020/01/25
Activision Blizzard esports leagues are moving from Twitch to YouTube.
- Facebook and YouTube moderators sign PTSD disclosure 2020/01/25
Content moderators review hundreds of disturbing images each day for social media sites.
- Watch Dogs Legion: Click goes inside the post-Brexit game 2020/01/25
In a world first, Marc Cieslak interviews the creator of Watch Dogs: Legion inside his own game.
- Met Police to deploy facial recognition cameras 2020/01/24
Police say the short-term deployments will check watchlists of suspects wanted for serious crimes.