- Samsung Galaxy S24 leak shows a familiar design ahead of early 2024 launch - The Vergeon 2023/09/29
- A New Elder Scrolls Game Just Released Out Of Nowhere - GameSpoton 2023/09/29
- Epic Games, Fortnite developers, laying off about 16% of workforce which is 830 workers - WTVD-TVon 2023/09/29
- Meta's new AI assistant trained on public Facebook and Instagram posts - Reuterson 2023/09/29
- Sony HidesTrailer For Troubled Star Wars: KOTOR PS5 Remake - Kotakuon 2023/09/29
- 10 most in-demand generative AI skillson 2023/09/29
If any technology has captured the collective imagination in 2023, it’s generative AI — and businesses are beginning to ramp up hiring for what in some cases are very nascent gen AI skills, […]
- Top 17 cloud cost management tools — and how to chooseon 2023/09/29
It feels like just yesterday that we were promised that cloud servers cost just pennies. You could rent a rack with the spare change behind the sofa cushions and have money left for ice cream. […]
- 12 ‘best practices’ IT should avoid at all costson 2023/09/28
What makes IT organizations fail? Often, it’s the adoption of what’s described as “industry best practices” by people who ought to know better but don’t, probably because they’ve never […]
- Qualcomm’s Cisco Sanchez on structuring IT for business growthon 2023/09/28
As senior vice president and CIO at Qualcomm, Cisco Sanchez leads a global IT organization laser focused on setting the company up to achieve scale and speed in a world of complexity. Sanchez’s […]
- Gen AI success starts with an effective pilot strategyon 2023/09/27
Generative artificial intelligence is all the rage, but how can enterprises actually harness the technology’s promise and implement it for value? What benefits can be expected and what challenges […]
- Apple revamps iCloud.com with more features for drive, mail and noteson 2023/09/29
After issuing updates to iOS, iPadOS, and macOS in the past few weeks, Apple has rolled out a redesigned iCloud.com website with more functionality such as support for browser notifications for Mail […]
- SpaceX’s defense-focused Starshield satellite internet business lands first contracton 2023/09/29
SpaceX won its first contract for Starshield, the defense-focused version of its Starlink satellite internet service, from the U.S. Space Force. The one-year contract has a maximum value of $70 […]
- On TikTok, videos promoting steroids are exploding — and at times targeting teenson 2023/09/28
In a new report, a social media watchdog group details how steroid content is exploding in some TikTok communities, promoting potentially dangerous and often illegal substances while propagating […]
- Judge upholds $18 minimum pay for NYC delivery workerson 2023/09/28
In a blow to Uber, DoorDash and Grubhub, a New York judge on Thursday ruled to allow the implementation of the minimum pay rate of $18 per hour for New York City’s food delivery workers. The […]
- It’s not clear X CEO Linda Yaccarino knew about Elon Musk’s plan to charge for Xon 2023/09/28
In a live chat earlier this month, Elon Musk said X would charge users “a small monthly payment” to use its service — a necessity, he explained, in order to combat the “vast armies of bots” […]
- Apple iOS Update to Fix iPhone 12 Radiation Levels Approved by French Regulatorson 2023/09/29
Apple has had its software update for iPhone 12 devices in France approved by regulators, after the company threatened to suspend sales of the phones earlier this month due to radiation levels (via […]
- Apple Watch Series 9 Buyer's Guide: How Incremental Upgrades Stack Up Over the Yearson 2023/09/29
The Apple Watch has received some incremental updates in recent years, with significant upgrades becoming fewer and farther between as the device has progressed. Since the Apple Watch's […]
- Apple 'Concerned' About China's New App Store Rules Banning Unregistered Foreign Appson 2023/09/29
Apple staff met with Chinese officials in recent months to discuss concerns over new rules that will restrict Apple from offering many foreign apps currently available in its China App Store, […]
- Will There Be An Apple Event in October?on 2023/09/28
It is typical for Apple to hold up to four events per year: one in the spring, WWDC in June, the fall iPhone event, and a fourth fall event that's Mac and/or iPad focused. Unfortunately, there are […]
- Disney+ to Start Cracking Down on Password Sharing in Novemberon 2023/09/28
Following in the footsteps of Netflix, Disney will start cracking down on password sharing on the Disney+ streaming service. Disney+ password sharing will end in Canada starting on November 1, […]
Tech in Asia
- In 50 Words: Fitch maintains A+ rating for Tencent, expects ‘steady’ revenue growthon 2023/09/29
Fitch expects the Chinese gaming firm to "maintain its strong business profile."
- Gojek launches GoRide Transit in Indonesia to reach new consumerson 2023/09/29
Users can order a motorbike ride to the train station, buy a commuter train ticket, and book a ride to their final destination in one transaction.
- In 50 Words: Ex-Google employees’ AI firm in talks for new fundraise, valuation may hit $5bon 2023/09/29
Character.AI enables users to converse with chatbots that have customizable personalities, letting them imitate iconic characters.
- In 50 Words: Microsoft mulled selling Bing search engine to Appleon 2023/09/29
If the deal had pushed through, Bing would have replaced Google as the default search engine on Apple's devices.
- Spenmo lays off staff in bid to become profitableon 2023/09/29
Acting CEO Jo-Ann Chung told Tech in Asia that around 60 to 70 employees across its Asia-Pacific markets will be affected.
- The slow and delicate aircraft taking on spy missionson 2023/09/28
Light aircraft that can fly and loiter at very high altitudes could provide back-up for spy satellites.
- Fortnite maker Epic Games cutting 16% of workforceon 2023/09/28
The company says it is shedding the staff because it's spending "way more" than it earns
- PlayStation boss Jim Ryan to retire from Sony next yearon 2023/09/28
He said he took the decision due to issues he had living in Europe while working in North America.
- X scraps tool to report electoral fake news - researcherson 2023/09/28
A research organisation says the feature is now only available in European Union countries.
- Watch: The Robot wolves trying to scare off Japan's bearson 2023/09/28
A howling 'monster wolf' is scaring wild bears away from the city of Takikawa.