- 2020/12/01Samsung reportedly abandoning the Galaxy Note line in favor of foldables – Android Police
Samsung reportedly abandoning the Galaxy Note line in favor of foldables Android PoliceSamsung may discontinue its premium Galaxy Note phone next year: sources Fox BusinessSamsung will reportedly ki …
- 2020/12/01Fortnite’s Galactus event was a giant arcade shooter — and now the game is down – The Verge
Fortnite’s Galactus event was a giant arcade shooter — and now the game is down The VergeWatch the Full Fortnite Galactus Event Here (With No Commentary) – IGN IGNFortnite Goes Offline After Players …
- 2020/12/01How to Send Nintendo Switch Screenshots to Your PC or Phone – Lifehacker
How to Send Nintendo Switch Screenshots to Your PC or Phone LifehackerThe Nintendo Switch Finally Enters 2020 With a Firmware Update Full of Necessities GizmodoNew Nintendo Switch Firmware Actually …
- 2020/12/0134 Cyber Monday Tech Deals: Killer Sales on TVs, Noise-Cancelling Headphones, and More – GQ
34 Cyber Monday Tech Deals: Killer Sales on TVs, Noise-Cancelling Headphones, and More GQThe Best Cyber Monday Deals Still Kicking The New York TimesBlack Friday, Cyber Monday sales disappoint, anot …
- 2020/12/01Nintendo hacker sentenced to 3 years in prison – Polygon
Nintendo hacker sentenced to 3 years in prison PolygonCalifornia man gets 3 years in prison for hacking Nintendo, collecting child pornography CyberScoopNintendo Thief Jailed For 2017 Hack And …
- 2020/12/02Salesforce scoops up team chat pioneer Slack for $27.7B
Slack’s popular business chat app will be integrated with Salesforce’s cloud tools, serving as the front end for its Customer 360 portfolio.
- 2020/12/01BrandPost: Exploring the Basic Concepts of Blockchain
Anyone who pays attention to emerging technologies knows there is a lot confusion around the concept of blockchain. While people have been talking about blockchain for years, and a wide range of indus …
- 2020/12/01BrandPost: Contact Centers: A Central Component of Digital Transformation
Today’s leading contact centers are focused on creating a multi-experience – that is, personalized, effortless, and intelligent customer and employee experience across every touchpoint, interaction, a …
- 2020/12/01BrandPost: The Times They Are a-Changin’: Strategize and Evolve
Bob Dylan wrote:“… admit that the waters Around you have grown And accept it that soon You'll be drenched to the boneIf your time to you is worth savin’Then you better start swimmin’ or you …
- 2020/12/0110 business analyst certifications to advance your analytics career
Certifications for business analysts are still emerging, but there’s already a number of organizations offering exams to certify business analytics skills. Business analysts help organizations make th …
- 2020/12/02Apple’s MagSafe Duo charger is now available
Back in October Apple announced the MagSafe Duo, a folding travel charger capable of charging both the iPhone and either an Apple Watch or AirPods simultaneously/wirelessly. In an unusual move, the co …
- 2020/12/02Longtime investor and operator Adam Nash says he just launched a new fintech startup
Adam Nash, a Silicon Valley-born-and-bred operator and investor, is back at it again. Today, on his personal blog, he announced that he has started a consumer fintech company that has already garnered …
- 2020/12/02Massachusetts lawmakers vote to pass a statewide police ban on facial recognition
Massachusetts lawmakers have voted to pass a new police reform bill that will ban police departments and public agencies from using facial recognition technology across the state. The bill was passed …
- 2020/12/01Virgin Galactic plans first rocket-powered test flight from New Mexico for next week
Virgin Galactic has revealed the flight window for the first rocket-powered flight of its VSS Unity spacecraft from the shiny new Spaceport America in New Mexico. The ship could be in the air as early …
- 2020/12/01Equity Shot: Salesforce’s $27.7 billion-dollar Slack message
Hello and welcome back to Equity, TechCrunch’s venture capital-focused podcast where we unpack the numbers behind the headlines. Welcome to an Equity Shot all about the huge, and hugely interesting, S …
- 2020/12/02MagSafe Duo Charger for iPhone 12 and Apple Watch Now Available for Purchase
Apple today began selling the MagSafe Duo Charger that was announced alongside the new iPhone 12 models back in October. Priced at $129, the MagSafe Duo offers a MagSafe charging puck for the iPh …
- 2020/12/01Apple Releases Tool for Calibrating Apple Pro Display XDR
Apple today released a new Display Firmware 4.2.30 update for the Pro Display XDR, with the software introducing a new Pro Display XDR Calibrator allowing for in-field recalibration. Alongside the new …
- 2020/12/01Apple Shares Picks for Best Books, Audiobooks, and Podcasts in 2020
At the end of each year, Apple shares its picks for the best App Store apps, podcasts, Apple Music songs, books, and more, and today the company is highlighting the top books, audiobooks, and podcasts …
- 2020/12/01Microsoft Teams Getting CarPlay Integration and Device Swapping Support for Calls
Microsoft today updated its Microsoft Teams software to add improvements to Teams Calling, making it easier for organizations and their employees to keep in contact with one another. The Calls app has …
- 2020/12/01Apple Inks Deal for English/Spanish Comedy 'Acapulco'
Apple has picked up "Acapulco," an upcoming Apple TV+ Spanish and English-language comedy that is based on the 2017 movie "How to Be a Latin Lover." The TV series will star Eugenio …
Tech in Asia
- 2020/12/02Micromobility turns a corner as e-scooter startups like Beam become profitable
Despite bike-sharing’s demise, it seems like micromobility still has a place in cities.
- 2020/12/01Indian edtech startup for government exams Habitat raises $679k in seed round
The company will use the funds to develop its technology and strengthen its team.
- 2020/12/01Alibaba’s music-streaming platform to reportedly shut down in January 2021
Xiami’s management hasn't made an official announcement in response to the rumors about its closure.
- 2020/12/01Sherpa Ventures launches $1m debut fund for African tech startups
Sherpa Ventures aims to bring the startup ecosystem of Africa and Asia Pacific closer by accelerating partnerships between startups from both regions.
- 2020/12/01Thailand ecommerce startup N-Squared secures series A funding
It aims to strengthen its core technologies and services and expand its footprint across Southeast Asia.
- 2020/12/02Slack sold to business software giant for $27.7bn
The workplace messaging app's sale comes as the pandemic has increased the focus on remote work.
- 2020/12/02The New ‘Nigerian Princes’ of hacking?
BEC hacking is one of the most common types of cyber-attack and experts say Nigeria is its epicentre.
- 2020/12/01Qualcomm: Android phones to get 'lucky number' Snapdragon 888 chip
The Californian firm is launching its chip at a time of trade tensions between the US and China.
- 2020/12/01China refuses to apologise to Australia for fake soldier image
The retort comes after Canberra demands an apology over a fake image of a soldier killing a child.
- 2020/12/01Facebook Oversight Board reveals its first cases
They include the removal of images of female breasts in a post about breast cancer.