Is your company in Japan still looking for the right private, secure and reliable email, calendar and contacts solution? Or does your organization already run on Exchange 2010 or earlier? Find out why you should be moving to Microsoft Exchange 2013.
What is it?
Microsoft Exchange Server consists of an email server, calendar/scheduling software and a contacts manager. It runs on Windows Server and is part of the Microsoft Servers line of products. The latest version, Microsoft Exchange Server 2013, was released in October 2012.
Is it for you?
If your Tokyo-based organization is searching for the right step-up solution for your mail, calendar and contacts, choose the global enterprise standard with Microsoft Exchange Server 2013.
If you are already using an earlier version like Exchange Server 2007 or Exchange Server 2010, we also perform Exchange migrations and upgrades, just like we recently did for a well-known Japanese Low Cost Carrier (LCC) airline.
Since its inception in 1995, Microsoft Exchange Server has been the de facto standard for business email and now offers the following unbeatable features –
- You move to the cloud on your terms – your Exchange server is on-site, online, or a combination of the two
- Users can share calendars and schedule meetings, regardless of the environment their mailbox is in
- “Unified Messaging” lets users receive voice mail, email, and faxes in their mailboxes
- Bigger and more reliable mailboxes than ever before
- Works on any device with a web browser
- Allows your users to work better together on teams and projects
- Eliminates email threats before they reach your network with anti-spam, antivirus and junk filtering
- Keeps important data in one place with Exchange archiving and retention policies
- Protects your sensitive data and informs users of internal compliance policies
What’s new in 2013
Building on an impressive base, what’s new in the latest Microsoft Exchange Server 2013 and what benefits can it offer your organization?
- Outlook Web App (OWA)
Access your email, calendars, and contacts from anywhere on any device using Web Apps in the browser. Outlook Web App offers three different layouts optimized for PCs, smartphones, and tablets with a touch-friendly interface.
- Offline support in OWA
Emails and actions are automatically synced the next time connectivity is restored.
- Site Mailboxes and In-Place eDiscovery
Brings Exchange emails and SharePoint documents together. Improved integration with both SharePoint and Lync.
Outlook and OWA can now be customized with apps from the Office marketplace.
- Exchange Administrative Center (EAC)
The old Exchange Management Console has been replaced by the Web-based Exchange Administrative Center (EAC).
- Support for larger disk sizes
Up to 8TB disks and multiple databases per disk via Data Availability Group (DAG) management.
- Built in anti-malware protection
Administrators have the ability to configure and manage settings for malware protection from inside EAC.
- Data Loss Prevention (DLP)
New capabilities for identifying and protecting “sensitive data.” DLP policies are based on regulatory standards, including PII and PCI. In addition, new policy tips in Outlook 2013 can be set to inform users about potential policy violations.
- Combined Roles
A reduction in the number of available roles to two: a Client Access Server and a Mailbox Server role.
- FAST Search
Now integrated into Exchange 2013 managed store to provide a more consistent indexing and searching experience across Microsoft servers.
- Inclusion of a “Managed Store”
Information store processes, rewritten in C#.
Public folders are now stored in mailbox databases and can take advantage of Database Availability Groups for replication and high availability.
- Data loss prevention
Capabilities that can be integrated into Transport Rules.
For more in-depth technical details please refer to the Microsoft TechNet Library ‘What’s New in Exchange 2013’
METHOD IT is a certified Microsoft partner based in Tokyo and Hong Kong. We specialize in the setup and migration of Microsoft infrastructure for international businesses in the Asia-Pacific region and provide full bilingual support. We offer a wide range of tailor-made Private Cloud, Datacenter Hosting, IT Management, IT Admin and Support, and Back Office Systems solutions. Find out more about us or contact us now for a free quote.