Meet the hub for teamwork in Office 365
for a free consultation and estimate
What is Teams?
- Teams is a single point of entry for everything you need to work together on a daily basis
- Teams is a collaboration hub, pooling together many important Office 365 apps and features in an easy-to-use interface
- Teams lets you hold group chats with instant messaging and video, share files, manage to-do lists, keep notebooks for minutes of meetings, maintain Wikis for useful information, view business analytics reports, use Word, Excel, and Powerpoint Online with realtime coauthoring...
Why Do You Need Teams?
Just a few of the immediate benefits of using Teams:
- Conversations, outcomes of meetings, and tasks are all recorded in one place – ‘who said what’ no longer gets lost in emails or scattered across multiple, sometimes incompatible, apps.
- Files and attachments are easily accessible and can be updated by all – no more multiple versions of the same document flying around, no more rummaging through emails, hard drives, or cloud storage accounts.
- Not just an awesome chat client, Teams is also a front-end for SharePoint and will organize your intranet site structure for you as you go, leaving your important data at your fingertips – no need for complex site and document library setups.
We ♥ Teams
At METHOD IT, we adopted Teams not long after its release in Spring 2017 and it fast became our main internal communications tool. From the get-go we were impressed with how quick and easy it was to set up.
All our conversations, meetings, minutes, to-dos, files, client dossiers, and internal systems such as HR are logged, accountable, and instantly searchable.
Now we no longer waste valuable time hopping between apps, browser tabs, or file shares and every team member is on the same page at all times.
For METHOD IT, Teams is the missing piece that joined together all the main Office 365 services, enabling us to use them to the full.
- Teams works in any web browser, or with a desktop app (PC/Mac), or mobile app (iOS/Android)
- Each Team in your organization has Channelse.g. Stores (Team) > Branchname (Channel)
- Group and private chat (text, voice, video) with scheduled meeting requests.
- @username mentions for instant notification.
- Channels have their own email address to CC in your correspondence. Create a record of all email messages to customers in Conversations and automatically add their attachments to Files for future reference.
- Shared OneNote, Planner, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Wikis, Power BI, and more – all on quickly accessible tabs within Teams, with realtime coauthoring.
- Integrations with the popular third-party services you may still depend on – Adobe Creative Cloud, Survey Monkey, Wunderlist, Trello, ZenDesk, and many others.
- A full, global business calling experience when paired with a phone system.
- Enterprise grade security, compliance, and manageability, including built-in information protection, secure guest access, and multi-factor authentication.
I Didn't Know It Was There!
If you have an Office 365 subscription, you can access Teams right now.
For those without Office 365, Teams is now available in a free version with limited features, so there’s no excuse not to take it for a spin!
For many clients, Teams has been the deciding factor in making the switch to Office 365.
More and more Office 365 and Windows apps are converging on Teams in the near future – Teams is now ripe to replace Skype for Business, and the amazing Windows Whiteboard app inside of Teams is in the pipeline.
So how best to go about making the transition to Teams in your workplace?
Teams Training + Consulting
Let us guide you through the switch to Teams – sometimes it’s not even a switch, if you’re already on Office 365 it’s the missing app you didn’t know you needed! A few tweaks to workflows and a change in thinking is often all that’s required.
- We ease you through the migration from disparate apps and services to one unified experience, interface, and hub for everything.
- We draw up a full topology of your organization and its data, then recreate the structure in Teams so it’s ready to go. All teams and channels are tightly integrated with your regular Office apps such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and OneNote.
- We offer on-site training in both English and Japanese, so all your staff can make the most out of Teams, including lesser-known features that can boost efficiency. Find out the best ways to hold meetings, share files, assign tasks, manage channels and users, and much more.
Interested in Teams but don’t subscribe to Office 365? We are a certified Microsoft Silver Partner and provide bilingual migration, setup, and training in Japan for all Office 365 plans. Contact us for a quote now!