- Tech In Asia raises $6.6M led by Korean conglomerate Hanwha 2017/11/20
Tech In Asia, the Singapore-based media and events startup, has closed $6.6 million in fresh funding. The lead investor is a name that may not be too familiar to regular readers (yet) and that’s Hanw …
- Last chance to get your tickets for TechCrunch China in Shanghai November 27-28 2017/11/20
TechCrunch is excited to be returning to China this month! Fresh from the success of our first event in Shenzhen in June, we’ll be back in more familiar surroundings for the TechCrunch China event in …
- Southeast Asia’s aCommerce lands $65M led by KKR-backed Emerald Media 2017/11/20
Southeast Asia-based aCommerce, a startup that helps brands get into e-commerce and digital media in the fast-growing region, has pulled in $65 million in new funding led by Emerald Media, an Asian f …
- Jeffrey Tambor quits Amazon’s “Transparent” after being accused of sexual harassment 2017/11/20
Jeffrey Tambor says he will leave Amazon Studios series “Transparent” after being accused of sexual harassment by two women. While Tambor continues to deny the allegations, he told Deadline that he d …
- Alibaba invests $2.9B in hypermarket operator Sun Art to continue its offline retail push 2017/11/20
Alibaba is continuing its expansion into offline retail after the Chinese e-commerce giant bought up more than one-third of one of Chinese most prolific operators of hypermarket stores. The firm anno …
- IDG Contributor Network: Improve workplace productivity by focusing on AI-enabled conversational experiences 2017/11/17
I have spoken to business leaders and enterprise representatives from companies all over the world, and the general theme or concern has been, how can we improve productivity and positively impact bot …
- BrandPost: Software-Defined & Cloud-Enabled: The Future of Networking for the Public Sector 2017/11/17
Improving Network Security & Ensuring Maximum Uptime Public safety organizations require WAN connectivity that extends beyond the office to reach vehicles and first responders in the field, keepin …
- IDG Contributor Network: Success factors in driving digital transformation at the Social Security Administration 2017/11/17
The digital transformation at the Social Security Administration (SSA) is remarkable for its approach to ensure a successful outcome. Shifting the process of retiring into a digital world required ove …
- IDG Contributor Network: AI – hype or here today? 2017/11/17
Gartner has a tool known as the “hype cycle.” It shows where a technology stands on a curve that represents the lifecycle of that technology — including the peak of its “hype,” or inflated expectation …
- BrandPost: Thinking About Automating Your Enterprise Processes? Ask These 3 Questions 2017/11/17
Today’s breakneck pace of work is driven by multiple streams of process that require updates and approvals. This means that all too often, important decisions are regularly delayed in the wait for inf …
- Nintendo Sets 'Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp' Release Date for November 22 2017/11/20
Nintendo on Twitter today confirmed that the company's upcoming iOS game, Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp, will launch worldwide on November 22. The confirmation of a release date comes nearly one m …
- iMac Pro Appears to Include A10 Fusion Chip for Always-On 'Hey Siri' 2017/11/19
According to some digging into Apple's "BridgeOS 2.0" code and macOS this weekend by Jonathan Levin, Steven Troughton-Smith, and Guilherme Rambo, the upcoming iMac Pro appears to featur …
- iPhone X Case Review Roundup 5: Pad & Quill, Spigen, OtterBox, LifeProof, Totallee and Sena 2017/11/17
The fifth review of my iPhone X Roundup series focuses on Pad & Quill, Spigen, OtterBox, LifeProof, Totallee, and Sena. If you've missed my previous posts, I'm taking a close look at iPh …
- TouchArcade iOS Gaming Roundup: Reigns: Her Majesty, Animal Crossing, Sky, PUBG Knock-Offs, and More 2017/11/17
Apologies for missing last week's iOS gaming roundup, but I've got a good reason: I was in Jordan judging Middle Eastern and North African mobile games for the International Mobile Gaming Aw …
- Apple Park Visitor's Center Now Open to the Public 2017/11/17
The Visitor's Center at Apple's new Apple Park campus opened up to the public this morning, allowing Apple fans to visit the Cupertino location to check out the campus and purchase souvenirs …
Tech in Asia
- Beleaguered Bluegogo CEO hands off ‘bankrupt’ bike firm as money issues remain unresolved 2017/11/20
Bluegogo CEO Li Gang points to lack of funding – and competition from unicorns Mobike and Ofo – as some of the reasons for the company's downfall.
- Tech in Asia raises $6.6M led by Hanwha 2017/11/20
Tech in Asia has secured a $6.6M round of financing led by Hanwha and participated by Eduardo and Elaine Saverin, Walden International, and East Ventures.
- Tomorrowland: Indian state’s pilot shows the world how to put land records on blockchain 2017/11/20
“We have already given up a lot of our black boxes. We will lead this transformation,” Andhra Pradesh IT minister Nara Lokesh tells Tech in Asia.
- Ecommerce enabler aCommerce raises $65m to reach more markets in Southeast Asia 2017/11/20
The Thai startup wants to strengthen partnerships throughout Southeast Asia and seek out clients in Malaysia and Vietnam.
- Video: Baidu’s dancing answer to Alexa 2017/11/20
Is this a smart home AI or a funk machine? It's both.
Google Technology News
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated 2017/11/20
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
- Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp Release Date Announced, And It's Soon – GameSpot 2017/11/20
GameSpotAnimal Crossing: Pocket Camp Release Date Announced, And It's SoonGameSpotAnimal Crossing: Pocket Camp, the Animal Crossing game for mobile that was announced during a Nintendo Direct in …
- Sega Announces Valkyria Chronicles 4 For PS4, Xbox, And Switch – Kotaku 2017/11/20
KotakuSega Announces Valkyria Chronicles 4 For PS4, Xbox, And SwitchKotakuIf you're still reeling from this year's disappointing Valkyria spinoff, here's some welcome news: Valkyria Chr …
- Bethesda Giveaway Offers Customized 'Skyrim' PlayStation 4 Pro And Nintendo Switch: Here's How To Join – Tech Times 2017/11/20
Tech TimesBethesda Giveaway Offers Customized 'Skyrim' PlayStation 4 Pro And Nintendo Switch: Here's How To JoinTech TimesBethesda will give away limited edition PlayStation 4 Pro and N …
- Hands-on with Rainbow Six Siege's wonderfully weird next update – PC Gamer 2017/11/19
PC GamerHands-on with Rainbow Six Siege's wonderfully weird next updatePC GamerOne new character will hack your phone and annoy your teammates. Another can go invisible, sort of. Comments. Shares …
BBC Tech News
- Hammond: Driverless cars will be on UK roads by 2021 2017/11/19
The chancellor says the country must embrace new technologies in order to succeed.
- Gamer predicts that eSports is going to be 'bigger than soccer' 2017/11/18
A day in the life of Travis "Castaway" Waters, the South African who gets paid to play video games.
- UK seeks future cyber-security stars 2017/11/18
UK initiatives aim to get young people choosing a career in cyber-security to close a looming skills gap.
- Tech to cut young drivers' insurance bills 2017/11/17
Which is the best insurance technology for young drivers: Black box or dash cam?
- Apple delays launch of smart speaker 2017/11/17
The HomePod will now go on release in early 2018 as the gadget still needs work, said Apple.