- Progressive advocacy groups call on the FTC to “make Facebook safe for democracy” 2018/05/21
A team of progressive advocacy groups, including MoveOn and Demand Progress, are asking the Federal Trade Commission to “make Facebook safe for democracy.” According to Axios, the campaign, called Fre …
- Are algorithms hacking our thoughts? 2018/05/21
Adriana Stan Contributor Share on Twitter Adriana Stan is the public relations director of W magazine and a writer on media, culture and technology. She is also the co-founder of the Interesting Peopl …
- Nvidia’s researchers teach a robot to perform simple tasks by observing a human 2018/05/20
Industrial robots are typically all about repeating a well-defined task over and over again. Usually, that means performing those tasks a safe distance away from the fragile humans that programmed the …
- Orbital ATK is launching a cargo rocket for the ISS early tomorrow morning 2018/05/20
Wake up in the wee hours of the morning on the East Coast, and you might get a chance to watch a rocket launch more than three tons of cargo for the International Space Station. Set for a 4:39 ET lift …
- After tens of thousands of pre-orders, 3D audio headphones startup Ossic disappears 2018/05/20
After taking tens of thousands of crowd-funding pre-orders for a high-end pair of “3D sound” headphones, audio startup Ossic announced this weekend that it is shutting down the company and backers wil …
- Federal CIOs, racing to modernize IT, get a boost from the White House 2018/05/20
Critics of the way government handles IT often question why federal agencies can't run more like the private sector.Some federal CIOs will tell them that they're making strides in that direc …
- BrandPost: Close the Modern Analytics Gap Before Your Next Transformative Initiative 2018/05/18
Pressure increases for digital transformation and strategic alignmentThe 2018 State of the CIO report from IDG found that while strategic goals for CIOs have increased across the board, functional dut …
- IDG Contributor Network: Seeing and owning the power of diversity 2018/05/18
Many companies tell their employees they care about inclusiveness. Why? Because it’s good for business. Plus, studies show workers care about diversity and are more likely to stay at a company that sh …
- IDG Contributor Network: Digital health’s last mile problem 2018/05/18
In my book, The Big Unlock, I describe the four major categories of technology providers as Custodians, Enablers, Arbitrageurs and Innovators. Each of these categories of providers has staked a claim …
- Amazon’s board adopts shareholder-backed diversity proposal 2018/05/18
Late last year, following the resignation of Amazon Studios head Roy Price amid allegations of sexual harassment, investor coalition CtW Investment Group sent a letter to Jeff Bezos and the rest of Am …
- Google News vs. Apple News on iOS 2018/05/18
Google recently introduced a new Google News app with an entirely updated interface and a range of new features that put it on par with Apple's own News app, including a "For You" recom …
- Apple Reintroduces Financing Options in the United Kingdom 2018/05/18
Apple has resumed offering financing options in the United Kingdom after eliminating the option earlier this year. Apple has a new financing page on its UK website, outlining its Barclays financing pl …
- MacRumors Giveaway: Win an Apple Watch Band From Southern Straps 2018/05/18
For this week's giveaway, we've teamed up with Southern Straps to offer MacRumors readers a chance to win a high-quality leather or nylon watch band for the Apple Watch. Southern Straps has …
- App Store Developers Form a 'Union' Ahead of WWDC Calling for Free App Trials, Better Rates 2018/05/18
A group of App Store developers calling themselves "The Developers Union" today published an open letter to Apple asking the company to commit to allowing free trials for apps and a "mo …
- LocationSmart Bug Provided Easy Access to Real-Time Location Data of Millions of Phones 2018/05/18
Robert Xiao, a computer science student at Carnegie Mellon, recently discovered a vulnerability in LocationSmart's website that made the real-time location of millions of phones readily available …
Tech in Asia
- Asia news roundup: Grab partners Maybank, faces Vietnam investigation 2018/05/21
A roundup of the region’s top tech headlines from today and last weekend.
- It took four mojitos and a car crash for Grab to tell her: ‘You’re hired’ 2018/05/21
Co-founder Anthony Tan asked Cheryl Goh to become the startup’s head of marketing, despite having no background in the profession.
- Grab brings its digital wallet to Malaysia through tie-up with the country’s largest bank 2018/05/21
Malaysia is the first country outside of Singapore to receive Grab's digital wallet for purchases and transactions at third-party merchants.
- Meet the 50 top-funded startups and tech companies in Southeast Asia 2018/05/19
Here are the companies in Southeast Asia that are attracting tons of investors and have the resources to spend on software, talent, and expansion.
- Asia news roundup: Chinese answer to SpaceX lifts off, $21m for ‘smart luggage’, and more 2018/05/18
A roundup of today’s top tech headlines from across the region.
Google Technology News
- This RSS feed URL is deprecated 2018/05/21
This RSS feed URL is deprecated, please update. New URLs can be found in the footers at https://news.google.com/news
- TeenSafe monitoring app reportedly leaked thousands of passwords – Mashable 2018/05/21
MashableTeenSafe monitoring app reportedly leaked thousands of passwordsMashableParents have been using a monitoring service called TeenSafe to ensure their kids are protected, but the app reportedly …
- Yelp and TripAdvisor Team Up to Pile On Google Over Search Monopoly – Gizmodo 2018/05/21
GizmodoYelp and TripAdvisor Team Up to Pile On Google Over Search MonopolyGizmodoGoogle found itself in an uncomfortable position Sunday night, as 60 Minutes placed a magnifying glass on the company t …
- Progressive advocacy groups call on the FTC to “make Facebook safe for democracy” – TechCrunch 2018/05/21
TechCrunchProgressive advocacy groups call on the FTC to “make Facebook safe for democracy”TechCrunchA team of progressive advocacy groups, including MoveOn and Demand Progress, are asking the Federal …
- Capcom is bringing Resident Evil 7 to Switch… by streaming it – The Verge 2018/05/21
The VergeCapcom is bringing Resident Evil 7 to Switch… by streaming itThe VergeNintendo Switch『バイオハザード7 レジデント イービル クラウドバージョン』プロモーション映像. Info. Shopping. Tap to unmute. If playback doesn't begin …
BBC Tech News
- Tomorrow's cities: Park with four seasons under one roof 2018/05/20
Four seasons park explores need for greener cities and looks at how climate change affects urban spaces.
- The apps designed to help mental health 2018/05/19
New apps and platforms are seen as a way to reach younger people with mental health conditions.
- Smart luggage firms close because of airline battery rules 2018/05/18
Two firms have closed this month, citing changes in airline policies on carrying batteries.
- US mugshot website owners face criminal charges 2018/05/18
The site published images of people taken by police after arrest and asked for cash to remove them.
- Airbnb to report homeowners' income to Danish tax authorities 2018/05/18
The rental site will report homeowners' income to the Danish tax authorities in the first deal of its kind.